4" Lift and no SYE

I have an 01 TJ, 6cyl, D44, 5 Speed. I purchased the teraflex S4t suspension system, along with adjustable rear upper control arms. The moons are aligned and I have access to hoist, but the problem is my driveshaft wont be in for at least 2 weeks. In the instructions it states that it does not reccommend installing the kit without the DS and SYE. My question is can i get away without the SYE and DS for now with just the transfer case drop and adjusting my rear pinion angle? I have heard that the D44 with the 5 speed has the worst problems with driveshaft vibration.

Reply to
sunofafish

If you are going to park it afterwards, then go ahead. Instructions say don't do it for reasons beyond wanting to sell more hardware! See earlier conversation: "Just did OME suspension change on TJ"

Reply to
JimG

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Don't even think about it, SYEs & CV rear shafts are relatively inexpensive and one of the best mods you can perform on a lifted SWB Jeep. You can do it in your garage without pulling the t-case, just pull the yokes, split the case halves and replace the tailshaft, etc.

Reply to
SoK66

You could just leave the driveshaft out and go with front wheel drive for a while.

Mike

sunofafish wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Your stock drive shaft will be too short, and you risk it falling out - which could bet very ugly very fast.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland