getting ready to order

im getting ready to order my next rubicon and im having a little trouble deciding on options this time. i know i want the auto for crawling and cruise control for the long commutes. were i cant make up my mind is:

-half or full doors. i never much cared for the hard top on my last rubicon and will most likely just get the soft top this time around. i like the looks of the half doors, but the convenience of the full doors (except when going topless, then i hate the full doors). ive never owned a jeep with the half doors and wonder how well they will seal when driving at highway speeds at -40 degrees.

- color. i like the patriot blue but i already have an '04 cummins in patriot blue. i dunno if i would want _that_ much blue in my driveway. i like the khaki but my last rubicon was khaki and i was getting ready for a change. i _really_ like the new orange, but fear that might get old fast. if forest green, sienna, or yellow were still available it would be much easier. ive only seen the "deep beryl green" in pictures and wonder how close it really is to the forest green of 2000?

thanks,

Reply to
montanajeeper

Nathan:

For your Montana cold weather, I would highly recommend the full doors with roll up windows.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

My advice...get the dual top option so you have the hardtop for the winter, softtop for summer. I think that hardtop will make a big difference at 40 below. The soft door uppers with the half doors will be really hard to unzip if you have to open them in winter.

You can always get half-doors later.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

That'd be his Dodge p/u, Bill.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

for insulation purposes or what? thanks,

Reply to
montanajeeper

storage in the summer isnt an issue anymore, i just dont care for a hardtop. ill get the dual top option if it will _really_ make a big difference at -40. ive asked the local jeepers and they all tell me that a tj soft top is enough....but then again these are the same people who ive literally seen riding around topless at 9 degrees with nothing but carhartt bibs and a cup of coffee. :-)

Reply to
montanajeeper

lol....well the way she handles 12000 pounds (towing) at 9800 feet elevation, youd swear she was a much bigger cummins.

:-) ive actually got two cummins right now, but i just put the '01 for sale to make room for the new rubicon. should you know anybody looking for an awesome tow rig for pulling their trail jeep to the trail, please send them to

montanajeeper

The hard doors IMHO aren't really insulated better, but they don't flex as much as the soft doors and the roll-up windows will be easier to open in the cold.

Also, it'll be tough to scrape the ice off the soft windows, though I guess you can just bang them from the inside to break the ice off, though you might split the plastic as well.

Another advantage to a hardt> > For your Montana cold weather, I would highly recommend the full > doors with

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I had the half doors on my previous TJ and full on my current one. I'd definitely get the full doors again. At highway speeds the half door tops tend to flap and it seemed quite a bit louder than the full doors. Of course, that was a 98 model, but I don't think they changed the design at all. Also... w/ the half doors, rolling the window down for a drivethrough, ATM, etc., is cumbersome at a minimum. In cold weather, it'd be darn near impossible w/o cracking the plastic I bet.

Reply to
Ichabod Shagnasti

flesh; human or pork

3 lb. ground beef 1 cup finely chopped onions 7 - 12 cloves garlic 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs ½ cup milk, 2 eggs Oregano basil salt pepper Italian seasoning, etc. Tomato gravy (see index) Fresh or at least freshly cooked spaghetti or other pasta

Mix the ground meats together in a large bowl, then mix each of the other ingredients. Make balls about the size of a baby?s fist (there should be one lying around for reference). Bake at 400°for about 25 minutes - or you could fry them in olive oil. Place the meatballs in the tomato gravy, and simmer for several hours. Serve on spaghetti. Accompany with green salad, garlic bread and red wine.

Newborn Parmesan

This classic Sicilian cuisine can easily be turned into Eggplant Parmesan If you are planning a vegetarian meal. Or you could just as well use veal - after all, you have to be careful - Sicilians are touchy about their young family members...

6 newborn or veal cutlets Tomato gravy (see index) 4 cups mozzarella, 1cup parmesan, 1cup romano Seasoned bread crumbs mixed with parmesan romano salt pepper oregano garlic powder chopped parsley Flour eggwash (eggs and milk) Peanut oil for frying.

Pound the cutlets. Dredge in flour, eggs, then the bread crumb mixture. Fry till golden brown in 350° peanut oil. In a baking pan, place a layer of gravy, then one of meat, gravy, and cheese. Another layer each of meat, gravy, and cheese. Then bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Serve on hot pasta with romano cheese.

Southern Fried Small-fry

Tastes like frie

Reply to
alan

Reply to
alan

Full doors, plus either top...or both. You remove the full doors when u go topless.

Reply to
twaldron