4WD Problem

I'm looking for a little help troubleshooting a 4WD problem that I am having with a '89 Cherokee. I haven't used the 4WD since last winter, and yesterday I thought I should test it out and nothing. I shift it into 4WD and no indicator light comes on and no 4WD. Can somebody point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Pineau

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I had an 88 and the two trouble areas were the rotting of the vacuum line behind the battery and the failure of the vacuum harness at the front axle. Had to repair both problems although neither appeared until well past 90,000 miles.

Reply to
Howard

This sounds like the problem. This Jeep has 205,000 and I don't know if either of these have ever been replaced. Thanks for the advice!

Jim

Reply to
Jim Pineau