75 Cheif first outing

Don't know if anyone is interested but we had a fun day. Freind bought a 75 Cherokee Cheif on ebay for $130.00 Canadain, got some rust but other then that it runs great and everything works but fuel gauge. Anyway we were both off today so he wanted to go out some where and try it out, he said somewhere close to town. So I took him over to an area that the dirt bikes and ATVs play, areas only about an acre in size, but lots of hills and mud. So off the hyway we go, him following me in my 81 CJ7, new 33" BFG MTs and 5" of lift, him stock, 100' off the road and I went though a puddle about 50' long, as I'm going through I'm thinking, holly sh*%this is a lot deeper then I thought, was up to my door, as I clear it I see him following me, I didn't have time to get out and stop him. So, 6" of water inside his jeep, and after an hour of me pulling, sliding back and forth, and pulling his front bumper off, finally I called my daughter and she phoned a freind with a FS Bronco, 36" tires locked front and back. Just pulling on it with that did nothing, took him 6 runs of about

10' to get it to move. ( and yes I did read the post about the guy that was killed ) So after he opened the doors and drained the water out, gave the starter a smack with a hammer it started right up, thought he would go home but he stayed and played for another 1 1/2 hours, he followed me up everything, couldn't beleive how well that thing went after it's puddle, he stayed clear of all puddles after that though.
Reply to
Greg