80 258 help needed

Ok guys I have an 80 model j-10 pickup. I have no canister (need one) and no idle selenoid. This truck was originally a stick shift and previous owner converted to auto after serious tranny failure. The truck runs great at high rpms but idles rough and stalls as soon as you put it in gear. The truck has a non feedback bbd carb. Anyone know where I can get a canister and what else I need to do to get this thing running right? Also is there a good vacuum diagram around somewhere that is not so confusing when it comes to the carb hookups? Is there a way around the idle selenoid or will I have to find one somewhere? Will my truck even have the hook up for it being a stick shift originally? I know that is alot of questions but guys I am stumped on this one. Please help.

Reply to
thumpsalot