80 CJ7 fuel leak

OK, so I have a 1980 CJ7 with fuel leaking out of the fill when the tank is full. Seemed simple. I replaced the filler neck (old one had a dent), replaced the hoses (filler and vent), replaced the filler cap (three times, the "stock" type non locking leaks the least), tightened hose clamps on hoses, check to make sure the vent lines to the charcoal canister were not pressurized. But backup and stop hard or go around a left corner and there is fuel running down the right rear fender from the filler. Any Ideas?

Reply to
<stevegallaher

Hmmm....

You know, I put a 'new' aftermarket gas cap on and have the same issues.

I just took one of the 'rubber' gaskets off the old cap and doubled them up under the new one. That seems to work.

Mike

snipped-for-privacy@spr>

Reply to
Mike Romain