81 CJ7 temp gauge

Temp gauge has never worked since I got jeep 8 months ago, never moved from the bottom, the other day while driving I looked over and it was right to the high mark, shut off engine and it went down, turn key back on and right over to high, today it is back to normal, as in not moving. Any ideas where to start on fixing it. Greg

Reply to
Greg

The sending unit attached to the head, drivers side, near the firewall. Make sure it's plugged in. Could be the gauge itself too.

Reply to
Jeepers

You are describing bad connections at least.

Try this site:

Mike

Greg wrote:

Reply to