85 Amp Alternator

How do you tell if a Grand Wagoneer (AMC 360) has an 85 Amp Alternator or not? I can find no data plate on the alternator, but this is how the parts store determines which belts are correct.

Reply to
randallbrink

Looked, but I got nothin. :(

The build sheet would have it if you still have the sheet. There should be a stamped part number on the alt. The other option is to write down the belt numbers you have and check that against what the store says you need.

Reply to
DougW

Doug, thanks very much. I was able to find the build data and the nomenclature plate on the Alt. as well. 85 Amp. Another mystery solved.

Reply to
randallbrink