86 Comanche X - no taillights

Where might I find a diagram of the wiring harness? I don't want a schematic of the wiring diagram, but pictures and or description of the routing of wires and connectors to the taillights so I can systematically locate the short or open connection. I have working rear turn signals, brake lights, fuel pump, and backup lights all of which connect through the connector behind the left tail light, Front parking lights, corner lights and headlights all work. Thanks all.

Reply to
Stephen R. Conrad

The rear ones you have working rely on the fixture screws for their ground. (case ground) The rear running lights rely on a wire to bolt tag to the inside fender at the end of the harness for ground.

You did check the bulbs right? Lots of times both blow within minutes of each other.

Also if you have a trailer hitch, I would be checking the plug for a broken wire where it tags the vehicle harness.

Mike

"Stephen R. C>

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Dash lights are OK. Dome lights are out if that means anything. Replaced all four bulbs with correct size (2057). Replaced all fuses, and rechecked them. I'll check the ground. Thanks for your suggestions.

Reply to
Stephen R. Conrad

But he's got working rear turn and reversing signals. Do they use the same ground tag as the taillights?

Does the taillight circuit come off the same part of the light switch as the front parking lights, or is it a seperate part of the switch?

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

Reply to
Stephen R. Conrad