86 jeep cherokee laredo

Good guess and that's how many think of the term today, but the original newsgroup use of "troll" was as a verb. Think of a rod, reel, line, some largish body of water and a spoon with some hooks on it. You pull it along, waiting to see who bites and then you reel him in.

kwbacb wrote:

[snip]
Reply to
Lee Ayrton

She said "four cylinder" in there somewhere.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to
Rich Hampel

Hi Everybody,

Thank-you in advance for the comments this post will compel. The fluid that was leaking on 12/6 was not oil. I took it to jiffy lube and they said it was leaking from the radiator. I have not had any leaks from the radiator before so I asked what could cause this. Staff there said the cap may have been put on wrong or the thermostat was not functioning. It is really cold here in Denver and we had some snow Wed-Thurs. I used 4 wheel drive. On my way home I stopped for groceries. Whie leaving the parking lot I decided to shift back to normal drive. The roads had dried up and I don't like the way the jeep handles on turns in that mode. The drive lever was disengaged completely. I tried putting it into reverse to revive it but it didn't work. Now I am st5uck in four wheel drive. Before I take it to Jeep for diagnostics I would like to hear your thoughts. I am preparing a letter to the shop owner as I am now convinced that I will have more repairs. I do not want to honor the engine warranty at this shop either. I need the documentation from Jeep so I don't have to subject myself to more misdiagnosis from this shop. I won't complete my letter till I hear from you guys and Jeep. I will post the letter here for everyone's review before I send it registered/certified mail to the shop owner. Heartfelt Thanks To All Cynthia Bingham

Reply to
kwbacb

That's not a good answer. WHERE was the coolant leaking from? If they did a half-ass job reconnecting the hoses that'd certainly be a problem. If they improperly installed the thermostat and it overheats you'll have even more problems.

Could be they misaligned the lever when reinstalling the new engine. Might be as simple as getting it adjusted properly.

It basically sounds like you're not going to recover anwhere near enough of the costs you've incurred. Sue the shop to recover some portion of your expenses and move on. Find another shop and don't hold out much hope for warranty coverage on the replacement engine. You might be able to get a sympathetic response from the engine reman. company but I wouldn't bet on it.

Reply to
wkearney99

Hi WKearny99,

It is leaking from the front right(side of car where battery is) side directly under the radiator in small amounts. It leaks inconsistently- only when I stop the car after my first drive(10-20 mi.) of the day. It does not overheat. The rest of the day and at all of my stops it does not leak.

Reply to
kwbacb

kwbacb did pass the time by typing:

Check the overflow bottle and the plastic line that feeds it for a teeny crack.

Reply to
DougW

I'd like to point out to kwbacb that he should check this under the same conditions that make it leak -- first stop of the day after his 10 to 20 mi. drive. If, as Doug is thinking, there's a leak in the overflow system it might be nearly invisible -- as it was on my `89 Cherokee with a hairline crack in the coolant recovery bottle. I only found it because I passed my hand through the fine misting spray that came out of the crack, but tracing the line and the bottle with a business card or other small piece of paper might help.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

Do you have the full-time or part-time 4wd model transfer case? You can tell by the marking on the shift plate - one has the FULLTIME label on it, the other does not.

When you say the drive lever is disengaged, do you mean it just fl> Hi Everybody,

Reply to
Will Honea