89 xj steering sloppy

Is there a simple fix for sloppy steering on my '89 xj 4.0? or do I need a new/rebuilt steering box, etc...?

Reply to
rwrede

Well, you have to figure out where they play is coming from first ... Bushes or box ?

Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

MY CJ7 was down right dangerous on the highway when I first got it the steering was so sloppy. I literally had to change every part 'except' the steering box.

You really need to get down under while someone turns the wheel to see where all the loose parts are.

Mike

rwrede wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain