91 Grand Wagoneer Oil Change =s high oil pressure, why?

Took my 91 Grand Wagoneer to Jiffy Lube last week for an overdue oil change. (note it is getting colder here in New England) I noticed that every morning since when I start the car the oil pressure guage is pegged at the top ("80"), after 15 to 30 minutes the guage shows a more 'normal' pressure range, anyone have any idea of what is going on? Did Jiffy Lube put the wrong viscosity oil in the ole' girl?

tnx

Reply to
mmiller

See my other post about your ground....

Mike

mmiller wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Look on your copy of the invoice, it should state what type and weight of oil they used. If its that cold out over night then it sounds pretty close to normal, cold thick oil will have high pressures until the oil warms up and thins out. I would double check the type of oil added, I haven't been to a jiffy or rapid lube place in years but the last I was there they asked what type of oil I wanted (10w30,10w40, 5w30, 5w40 etc.)

Snow...

Reply to
Snow

mmiller proclaimed:

Although it is possible that some place some where in a far away land, there is possibly a Jiffy Lube that doesn't screw up each and every car they touch, that place is not here, nor there. ...and their prices tend to be rather close to those at a real mechanic where "dipstick" is not the supervisor's name.

I would think you'd notice a bit in cranking speed if the oil were too thick, maybe not. Check your oil level to make sure the level is correct as well. Pull the stick when the engine is morning level cold, you should be able to notice whether the oil runs properly or looks somewhat like brown vaseline. Or simply change it...and the filter.

Reply to
Lon