'91' XJ: compass and radio LED's don't work

They're both dark, the time LED though works perfectly. I checked the ground strap and it looked OK. It wasn't frayed or broken anywhere. Any ideas anyone? Blown fuse maybe?

Wblane

I hate to respond to my own post, but here's some more info. The radio works perfectly but the LED display on the radio mostly doesn't (it sometimes works when it's cold). The compass LED's are also dead. Does anyone know where I can get a good circuit schematic for the radio and compass assembly? I'm wondering now if somehow the radio LED and compass problem are related. Maybe they have a common low voltage input?

Wblane

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Bill, the dimmer only controls the brightness of the radio seven-segment displays and the compass/temperature display, but not the clock? I wonder if this could be the problem? The dimmer rheostat (I'm guessing it's a rheostat) only functions when the headlights are on right? It's getting old trying to tune the radio by braille.

Wblane