93 Grand Cherokee Power Window

Hi All, The window went down in the driver door and wont go back up. Power to it okay. Is there a web site that shows picks of the regulator, et-al so I can clean it up? Maybe make it work for a little while longer? I'll be putting the switch back together as I wait for an answer. Heh. Thanks all. D

There a little piece of plastic that breaks the window loose from the regulator, that take the whole regulator to replace:

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Thanks Bill, New info. I can hear a 'click' when I activate the switch to go up. The .jpg you sent is good, but my mechanism is a 'scissor' type affair. I remember there's a spring loaded arm in there that about took my thumb off a few years ago when I was messing with something else. Any other thoughts? Thanks

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Take the door panel off (watch the edges they are very sharp) then look at the plastic connector that snaps to the power window switch assembly. Odds are it has come unhooked. The way that switch works if the motor has power then it has to be the switch or the connector. The one on my passenger side broke and I had to put a zip-tie in to hold it on.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

You are describing either gummed up or worn out brushes in the motor.

You 'might' be able to open it and hit up a (starter) motor rebuilder for a set of brushes. That's what I do when my starter acts like that. (needing a hit to set the brushes again) My XJ starter's brush pack set me back about $15.00 if I remember right.

Or you could be lucky and only need some WD40 to clean out the dust that mixed with the grease to gum up the brushes.

Mike

Mike Romain

If it is crud in there, I would recommend using the electrical contact spray cleaner. Car-Quest has one here that is called extra strength, and it works great. I was sold on it after using it to clean a blower motor on a commercial deep fryer. Many years of dust and grease came clean with no effort at all. I'm sure most of the spray cleaners are about the same, but I know this stuff worked great.

Chris

For starters, I use WD40. It works well and is inexpensive. I save the contact cleaner for the plug contacts....

Mike

c wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

The 93 also suffered from water draining down into the motor. Not sure the unit comes apart easily. Never had mine apart.

the regulator assembly is 64.17 from

(OEM) crosses for 93-96 so junkyard parts from those years will match.

Reply to
DougW