Advice on R&R Power Window regulator and motor.

Anybody have any helpful hints on the easiest possible way to install a new window regulator and motor on a 92 Camry? I figure someone else's experience could save me a few brain cells trying to find the easiest/best way to install these parts.

History...

92 Camry Wagon passenger front window motor fried. I disassembled everything short of removing the regulator and motor. I purchased a new unit and am now ready for the swap. Are there any hints like best possible window position, moving the track to the right location, easiest way to re-install door panel etc.

By the way, what exactly is that black calking/adhesive that is used to adhere the vapour/sound barrior to the door. Mine looks like it could use a bit more to fasten the plastic to the door.

Ant help would be appreciated.

Bill

92 Camry Wagon Mint with 395,000 km.
Reply to
Dash Riprock

If possible, wind down your window 3/4 to the bottom. Remove the door panel, unscrew the screws that holds the regulator to the door (do not remove the screws yet). Unscrew and remove the screws to your window. Get somebody to help you lift the window down and remove the regulator.

For installation, do the same but in reverse order. Have some grease ready, just to grease up the regulator and the track that the window runs on.

Good luck.

My problem: i installed mine (93 camry Driver side window) but sometimes the regulator will not work after winding the window down, let it sit for 30 seconds and hit the wind up button and it will work. Car can be idle or moving. Any ideas what is causing it? I bought it from eBay and I checked everything and it is connected correctly. Sometimes it will wind up without a hitch, sometimes, it stalls and i have to wait for 30sec-1min.

Reply to
skewe