95 Cherokee Death Wobble?

My wife drives the Cherokee 95 Country and she twice now has said she hit a bump and the whole thing shook violently. She said she had to stop at the side of the highway (complete stop) and then she could proceed. I drove it and it seems a little 'coarse' (not as smooth or sloppy over bumps as I remember).

1 year old replacement on steering dampner, and 3 years on shocks. I thought she was exagerating but reading about other Cherokee DW's I now understand. New baby on way and Jeep at Goodyear for 6 month tire balance and rotation. 235's Fortera tires (one size over), asked them to check suspension.

Can anyone suggest what may be wearing out or what you would double check to make sure it is safe?

Regards Tom

Reply to
TF

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III