95 Cherokee Speedometer/Gasgauge ?

I just bought a 1995 2WD Cherokee V6. The fuel gauge and speedometer seem to go out together and work intermittently together. The speedometer rises with speed, then hits zero, and when the gears change (AT) the speedo jumps up for a few secs and then back to zero. When the speedometer is at zero, the fuel gauge seems to go all the way full if the tank is over half full, and all the way empty if the tank is under half. When the speedometer is working, the fuel gauge seems to slowly go to a correct reading. I've had the dash apart, the wiring seems ok at that end. Any ideas? Thanks so much!

Also, anyone have the pinout for the 1995 Cherokee audio connector?

Richard snipped-for-privacy@ntplx.net

Reply to
Rich

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Thanks! ... any idea about the gauges?

Reply to
Rich

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

So the best idea for diagnosing problems like this is to look for ground continuity for the instruments affected?

Wblane

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III