95 ZJ Where is the engine ground strap located?

Looking for where the engine is grounded to the body, don't see any separate ground straps or any ground connections across the motor mounts.

Reply to
Lon

Lon did pass the time by typing:

If it's the I6, look down by the coil. Or on the alternator side of the engine.

Reply to
DougW

Some vehicles ground the body from the battery terminal. So the engine would ground to the battery terminal and from there to the fender via a smaller black wire.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: N>
Reply to
Mike Romain

On this model, the battery ground is quite short, goes to a grounding point [with lotsa other grounds] using 6 guage wire right to the fender.

The alternator is also grounded there, which *may* be where the engine picks up ground.. Still not having any luck finding a real genuine heavy guage ground or ground braid that runs to the chassis from the engine, transmission, etc. overall.

Mike Romain proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

Consider the fact that the ZJ is built on an integrated chassis. There is no frame, per se. So when you ground to the body, that's as good as you are going to get. My '93 ZJ brings the engine grounds to a point on the body near the battery. That's also where I bring my radio equipment grounds.

Dick

Reply to
Dick