96 grand cherokee abs light

"Jeff Strickland" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@ez2.net:

Yeah, OK, but "supposed to" doesn't mean "does".

If the tow/lift did something that confused the computer, then a hard power reset might do something to un-confuse it. I don't mean to imply it's the most likely solution, just that it's something i would try, if it were me.

Reply to
rufus t

rufus t did pass the time by typing:

Note: A hard code can not be reset by anything other than a scantool with that feature. But a hard code would show.

It's the lit lamp without code that's throwing me.

Reply to
DougW

more responses... repeat, no codes stored, the light is on constantly, the ABS system works (tested on a wet parking lot) the monkeys didn't use hooks, they used a wheel spanner, and straps over the rear wheels.

the starting problem continues, pressure reg and check valve are fine.

I'm going to look at the ground strap, that might cause a "hmmmm" cuz, almost everytime we step from the vehicle, we get a small static electricity nip from skin to the door jamb. (and its pissin her off)

Reply to
nunya

nunya did pass the time by typing:

That is odd. Did you try cleaning the ABS computer connector?

Ground strap won't do doodle for that. Static guard spray will help some as will a light rub with an antistatic dryer sheet on the seats.

Reply to
DougW

I've heard that driving naked will prevent that, but it occurs to me that driving naked could have other overhead that one would prefer to avoid. I find that my wool skirt on the polyester seat fabric is good for a shock.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Not true. If the vehicle is parked, then the ABS system will do its self test and shut the ABS light off. The defect caused by yanking the wires out by the roots will not appear again until the vehicle begins moving. It does not take a hard reset to fix problems rooted in the speed sensors. Arguably, it could take a hard reset to fix faults that come from the valve body or the ABS compressor, but these kinds of faults would throw a code, and the OP says there are no codes.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland