96 jeep hood release

my hood release broke now i cant open hood help

Reply to
Mee Mee

What flavor of Jeep?

Mike

Mike Romain

cherokee 1996 help

Reply to
Mee Mee

Where did it break, at the handle?

Mike

Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Reply to
philthy

Just a friendly reminder to everyone, those latches need lubing once in a while.

My hood release started getting REALLY stiff and I was getting concerned that it would break. A bit of white lithium grease on the moving parts of the latch and it works nice and easy again. If I hadn't done that I'd probably have found myself in the same situation as Mee Mee.

Jeff DeWitt

Mee Mee wrote:

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt