96 Explorer EB Hood will not open

I have a problem. The hood release broke. I was opening by pulling the the cable in the grill but now that doesn't work. Now the battery is dead and I really need to get the hood open. Is there some magic way to open the hood?

Please help!

Reply to
bob

Ahhh, the joys of postponing needed repairs.... you may be able to do something by going in from the bottom. Feel around till you locate the piece where the cable attaches. The lever will move easier if you have an assistant jounce the hood while you apply pressure. Watch your fingers....

Learn a valuable lesson from the experience.... broken things can get brokener (is that a word).

Good luck.

Reply to
Jim Warman

Hi Bob,

I had a similar problem and did the "pull the cut cable with pliers" rout> I have a problem. The hood release broke. I was opening by pulling the

Reply to
Ted