97 tj

last time i had a oil pressure drop i havefound out my oil stick was not insert proprelly !!! push back in and came back to normal

Pat "Cal" a écrit dans le message de news:

2fN_d.31045$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.southeast.rr.com...
Reply to
Patrick

Hi!

My sons tj has JUST started showing some lower oil pressure readings. It has been a little over 40 at highway speeds, but now has dropped to around

32 or so. (This is after driving for awhile...the oil pressures drops as the engine gets warmer...) He has about 100,000 miles on it. It is a 4 cylinder. Should I just try a new sending unit?

thanks cal

Reply to
Cal

Yes.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

When was the last oil change? If the oil is a little past due, fresh oil will make that much of a difference.

Reply to
Rusted

oil change was in the last 2 weeks.... thanks!

cal

Reply to
Cal

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Just needed the sending unit. Back up to normal now!

cal

Reply to
Cal

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Thanks Bill, You said earlier that the sending units tend to leak oil if going bad...and his did have some oil leakage. Thanks for the help!

cal

Reply to
Cal