97' Wrangler Horn Problems..

Hello, I have checked everything I can think of to get my horn working without any luck. New relay , new fuse and even swapped horns with a buddy of mine to make sure they worked. They did. I had him press the horn on the steering wheel while I held my head close to the relay. I heard no click's. I also looked at the wire in the steering column to make sure it didn't come loose it was ok. I didn't want to attempt screwing with the part in front of the handbag. Leave that for someone else.

Can anyone think of any other ideas to try?

TIA!!!!

SP

Reply to
SP

Did you check the fuses in the Power Distribution Center and in the Junction block?

Is there power getting to the relay? (I see the relay is new but that does not mean it works)

Info from manual below:

CONDITION POSSIBLE CAUSES CORRECTION

BOTH HORNS

INOPERATIVE

  1. Faulty fuse. 1. Check the fuses in the Power Distribution

Center (PDC) and the Junction Block (JB).

Replace the fuse and repair the shorted circuit or

component, if required.

  1. Faulty horn relay. 2. Refer to Horn Relay for the proper horn relay

diagnosis and testing procedures. Replace the

horn relay or repair the open horn relay circuit, if

required.

  1. Faulty horn switch. 3. Refer to Horn Switch for the proper horn switch

diagnosis and testing procedures. Replace the

horn switch or repair the open horn switch circuit,

if required.

  1. Faulty horns. 4. Refer to Horn for the proper horn diagnosis

and testing procedures. Replace the horns

Reply to
billy ray

Thanks for the quick reply.. I changed the sue in the PDC and chenged the relay with a working one that came from another working slot. Is the junction box the one behind the dash.. or somewhere else. The only fuses I know of are behind the dash and in the PDC by the battery.

Thanks!!

SP

Reply to
SP

The FSM doesn't list the fuse diagrams like in the owners manual does. We need a Wrangler owner to go out to the garage and take a look.

Reply to
billy ray