Tin-knocking question

I've got a `51 Willys 4x4 pickup cab sitting in my garage with a caved-in roof. The dent is perhaps 2'x 1 1/2', and about 3" deep. Before I attempt something and make it worse, what is the best way to pop this back out?

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

If there are no sharp creases you may be able to just 'pop' the depression out.

Kate and 'Mr. Kate' used to have a body shop, send her a note...

Reply to
billy ray

Uhhhhh... that was the previous Mr. Kate, not the current one. but I could ask PMK if ya want me to

and YOU Billy Ray... are gonna get it.

: >

: > I've got a `51 Willys 4x4 pickup cab sitting in my garage with a : > caved-in roof. The dent is perhaps 2'x 1 1/2', and about 3" deep. : > Before I attempt something and make it worse, what is the best way to : > pop this back out? : >

: >

: :

Reply to
Kate

Off the wall idea but you might try a chunk of dry ice.

Jeff DeWitt (when it comes to off the wall ideas I'm full of it!)

Lee Ayrt>

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt

It is Saturday night. I could get cleaned up and try to pick up a floozy bar fly...

I'd have to get rid of her soon though.... be kinda embarrassing to bring a girl to church when you don't know her name...especially on Easter morning!

Reply to
billy ray

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Lee, Remember, "Last in First out". That is the way to work the dent. Look at the edges of it from inside. Find the least damage, and start trying to work it out gently from the by pushing with the palms of your hands. The metal is already stretched, so it will not come back 100%. This should get you in fairly good shape though. Do you want to finish it out all the way? If so, email me direct, or I will check back in the next day or so to see your response(s), and we can go from there. Hippie...

Reply to
Hippie

2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase') A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80" wheelbase, 1/4-ton capacity and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in World War II. _____________________________________________________________________

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to
twaldron