98 Cherokee shifts late / check engine light

I have a 98 Grand Cherokee lorado with the 4.0 engine and auto transmission.

The transmission has been getting slugish going from first to second. Especially when cold.

Now I have a check engine light with a fault code of P 720, described as the "speed trigger" by my local mechanic.

Anyone had any experience with this or something similar.

Thanks for any advise,

Paul Temple Tampa, fl

Reply to
Paul Temple

A dirty connection on the TPS can cause things like that.

Mike

Paul Temple wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain