Hey Jeep lovers. . .

You may drive away with my baby! She has beefed up suspension, a brand new Bestop softop, a custom rollbar, for more support, and at 93,000 miles, she has lots of life left.. Brand new 3 core performance radiator. Stock inline

6, 4.2L with extra big swamper tires, cool rims and less than 5000 miles on them. New bucket seats, new distributor cap, spark plugs, wires and rotor. Brand new AutoZone battery, rated better than stock specs. Here's the problems with her, and why she's going so cheap. She doesn't run. It's the timing, I know this, but I honestly don't have any more money to fix her. I put so much money into getter her repaired, that I've run out. Unfortunately whoever gets her is going to get her for a steal, as I've put $2500 into her and I'm only asking $1400. I will accept offers as well, but do know that the following will need to be either fixed or replaced before she's a "show car:"

New or replaced fenders

New Doors (Can't even roll the windows up because the frames are bent

Steering column put back together the right way (It works, and can be driven (I've done it) but she's loose and needs all her parts put back together right (Never have a body shop do steering column work)

Rollbar pulled straight (It's a little bent from various activities) Any shop should have the tools to do that

Floor mats if it's your "Go to work" car

Radio (Gotta have tunes)

Rear suspension shackles (I was going to have a guy manufacture special ones that are thicker than stock. It's metal cutting and bending, and most good welders can do it. It was inexpensive.)

Windshield (Glass and wiper blades. Motor should be fine)

Emergency brake pedal (cord is fine)

And of course you'll have to fix what's wrong with her now. She gets spark, gas and compression. the timings off I'm sure, but I don't know for sure. Check my article (It was long enough) titled It Started Fine Yesterday. . . and you'll probably say the same thing some of you already did: timing. She's in Federal Way, WA. She's beautiful, and I'd love to keep her. I know what she'll look like when she's done, and I'm sorry to see her go.

o_o_o_o /| ,[_____], |¯¯¯L --O|||||||O- ()_)¯()_) ¯¯¯ )_)

Reply to
chwilkin

On 02 Dec 2003 07:27 AM, chwilkin posted the following:

If you know enough to know for sure it is the timing, you should also be able to fix it without spending much, or any, money. Bullshit Alert.

---------------------------------------------------- Del Rawlins- del@_kills_spammers_rawlinsbrothers.org Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email. Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:

Del Rawlins

So.. it doesn't run.. needs a new front end.. needs a new windshield.. needs new doors.. needs a new steering column.. needs a new rollbar.. needs work on the emergency brake.. needs work on the rear shackles.. BUT.. it has a great set of wheels.. a new radiator.. a new soft top.. new bucket seats.. and new ignition parts that have lead you to believe that the reason it wouldn't start wasn't down to new distributor cap, spark plugs, wires and rotor..

Just two questions.. what model and year is it?.. and in order to drive away with your baby, would the prospective buyer just be able to throw the constituent parts into the back of a full size pickup, or would it roll onto a trailer?..

-- History is only the past if we choose to do nothing about it..

Unfortunately

Reply to
Mike Hall

Great desciption..... except what year and model? Might want to let people know where you are located as well.

I'm not in the market, just trying to help out ;-)

Unfortunately

Reply to
Kevin Sperle