98 Jeep Wrangler and E85 fuel

And possibly before your time, the shiners like the old Jag coupes with the twin fuel tanks and the factory standard valve just behind the drivers right side. Very difficult for the typical american cop car to follow thru the mountains and if they got near, just open the valve and burn the evidence.

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

Never going to happen GI, coldfusion is a figment of the collective scientific imagination, pure unadulterated bullsh*t! Nuclear we have, and the very few plants we have are supplying over twenty percent of our power needs. God Bless America, Bill O|||||| mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Just as were meteorites.

Just as was electricity.

Just as was heavier-than-air flight.

Just as was land travel past 50 mph.

Just as was 'solar power'.

Just as was nuclear power.

I see you know as much about physics, the Universe and what exists out there (whether you approve or not), and general science as you know about nearly everything else.

Zilch.

And it's 2 separate words: cold fusion.

Just like his burning magnesium in hydrogen....

Reply to
jeff

Ok, I wasn't sure about that. Any idea why they still mix in Diesel then? Actually, everything I seem to find on the internet uses mostly Diesel, rather than the 98% alcohol mentioned earlier in the thread.

Ivan

Reply to
Ivan Jager

My guess would be lubrication. Racers that use alcohol commonly add something called "top end lube" to their fuel to replenish the oil washed away from certain engine components by the alcohol.

The product is about half way down the page.

Chris

Lets just note that Bill is smarter than you and leave it at that. He might have failed to note the sarcasm in the original comment, but at least he knew about cold fusion.

c proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

This was the old twin tank Jags that had the valve just to the rear of the right hand side of the drivers seat [left hand drive models].

You normally ran the thing on one tank, and that valve was how you selected the other tank. Looked exactly like a chrome plated water faucet wheel type valve.

Didn't take much to mod the vehicle so turning the valve mixed the two tanks, one normally used for fuel, the other for the shine.

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

Ivan Jager proclaimed:

Possibly as a moderator? The old model airplane fuel was alcohol with just a bit of castor oil in it for lube. A glow plug started the engine, just like an old mercedes.

Reply to
Lon

Nah, let's not.

Billy is not smarter than anyone who's not challenged.

And being a long-term Mensa member, I don't think that quite describes me.

Except for a modicum of jeep-link info he's memorized, which really is naught more than a parrot can do, he's about as stupid as a box of hair. (But he is always trying to increase his ignorance. Gotta have goals, after all.)

Just as you know more than 90+% of the world's scientists.

Congrats.

And we will leave it at that, except that you're embarrassing to the memory of Lon Cheney and Son.

Have a real nice day and thanks for the cheap entertainment!

You never have taken Chemistry. It's one of the first experiments. God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

LOL, new it should of had, like every truck I've driven an equalizing hose between the to distribute the weight. God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

On Fri, 11 May 2007 22:34:19 -0700, Llewdellen Williams (Cooyon) Hughes III Cut & Pasted:

Reported for being boring.

Bill, dear, I had to report you for being repetitious. Sorry. Please don't hit me anymore....

Nanny

Reply to
N. (Nancy) Huge IIIII

On Sat, 12 May 2007 07:14:31 GMT, "N. (Nancy) Huge IIIII" Amazingly Replied without Prejudice below:

:>

:>> There you go again :>

:>Bill, dear, I had to report you for being repetitious. Sorry. Please don't :>hit me anymore.... :>

:>

:>Nanny

That was nice of her to at least tell ya. Dingiest

Reply to
1 Step Behin

Attempted.....?

Doss foony, mon!

Forgery \For"ger*y\, n.; pl. {Forgeries}. [Cf. F. forgerie.] 1. The act of forging metal into shape.

Useless the forgery Of brazen shield and spear. --Milton.

Reply to
Wyllis-Eva B. A. Carr

Pretty sure you are confusing this with another reaction. Remember your hydrogen series where both magnesium and hydrogen are classed as metals...

Magnesium can be made to react with hydrogen to produce magnesium hydride. It is not a simple reaction and typically requires a catalytical halide or organic halide to create. Patent numbers of the process available on request. Plus the reaction would never be termed "burning" by any chem major.

Magnesium reacts reasonably well with all of the halogens, and burning magnesium cannot be extinguished with water, carbon dioxide, etc. since it will break those apart and burn the resulting oxygen and leave behind hydrogen or carbon.

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

c proclaimed:

Whoopee freaking mensa doo. You aren't the only mensa qualified lurker here, as I know at least two others--both of whom wouldn't join that outfit on a bet as it is overrun with folks who may test well on *some* intelligence tests but couldn't find their rear with both hands if you spotted them two cheeks and the smell. i.e. too many jerkwads like you far too overestimating of their own intellect to actually have any.

Nor do you know what you are talking about regarding cold fusion.

Yeah, so how are Fleischmann and Pons doing lately? Working on the Dean Drive perhaps?

Reply to
Lon

I *think* the Jags had this up to at least the '61 3.8S model, after that stopped paying attention to Jag sedans, as they were all slightly less reliable than a teenage mistress.