ZJ Headlights

All,

My passenger side headlight lens fell out the other day, and of course I then ran it over. I've been quoted a price of =A3190 + VAT for a replacement. It seems that you can only buy the whole fitting, not just the glass. Now this price to me seems astronomical - it's actually more than my first car cost. So two questions - I've been told that this is not an uncommon event, can the group confirm this? Secondly, any recommendations where I may be able to source a replacement part? I've tried the breakers near me, but unfortunately they are unable to help. This is a RHD UK ZJ Grand Cherokee.

I've also complained to Chrysler UK about the price of the part, and the fact that this seems to be a design flaw.. I will post back what their response is.

Thanks

Reply to
Rob

My ZJ is 14 years old, and been through really terrible roads. Bad enough to mess up the HVAC operation. Never had a problem with a headlamp falling out, but I did have a fog lamp lens fall out at a car wash.

Reply to
Dick

God Bless America, Bill O|||||||Omailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

My passenger side headlight lens fell out the other day, and of course I then ran it over. I've been quoted a price of £190 + VAT for a replacement. It seems that you can only buy the whole fitting, not just the glass. Now this price to me seems astronomical - it's actually more than my first car cost. So two questions - I've been told that this is not an uncommon event, can the group confirm this? Secondly, any recommendations where I may be able to source a replacement part? I've tried the breakers near me, but unfortunately they are unable to help. This is a RHD UK ZJ Grand Cherokee.

I've also complained to Chrysler UK about the price of the part, and the fact that this seems to be a design flaw.. I will post back what their response is.

Thanks

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III