'98 XJ Power Steering question

RE: '98 XJ 4.0, power steering

When maneuvering at slow speeds - not at the fully-locked positions - the steering is hard and I hear something that sounds like the power steering fluid swishing about. I have replaced the fluid, but it persists.

Question: Is my probelm more likely to be the power steering pump, the steering gear, or something else? Thanks for your help in keeping me from changing-out unnecessary parts.

Jim

Reply to
98XJ

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III