99 TJ Wiper Problem

It's a bad problem to have during rainy season, but my wipers will only work on the highest speed. Intermitent will not work and neither will low speed. When I turn the wipers off from high speed, they will not return to the down position off the windshield.

Any idea's? Is there a electrical relay, similar to the fan motor, that may need to be replaced?

Thanks!

Reply to
Tony D

Welcome to the club. I took my '97 motor out and found a lot of water under the waterproofing boot. The brass stop ring must be corroded. I also found my bolts holding the motor to be loose. It has worked better since I took the motor out and put it back in. It still won't auto-park but the wipers work on low and high. Cheap French motor...

Reply to
Scott in Baltimore

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

The best solution is a new wiper motor, or if the price of new is unreasonable, a rebuilt. The park switch and low speed winding are internal to the motor.

Earle

***
Reply to
Earle Horton

There was just a thread on this a short while ago. It might have been for the GC, but there is a park module that can be replaced on the new ones I believe.

Mike

Mike Romain

Reply to
philthy