Adjustable proportioning valve

Ever since the D44 was installed on my '95 YJ it has been very easy to lock up the rear brakes. This seems to be due to the D44 drum brakes being larger than the original D35 drum brakes. I'm very seriously considering installing a Wilwood adjustable proportioning valve. According to some articles I found on the internet, this type of valve should be installed instead of the original proportioning valve (i.e. have to get rid of the original). This is OK for me but it seems this would cause the brake pressure warning light to turn on all the time. Any way around this? How important is it to have this warning light?

Thanks

Reply to
nrs

You could go with something similar to

has the switch. As for the need, well, it does alert you if you loose a brake line and that's fairly important.

Reply to
DougW

Thanks for the link. That will most likely be the way to go.

Reply to
nrs

After looking at it some more it seems the switch on the JEGS unit is just for the brake lights, not the low pressure brake warning light. On the YJ, the brake lights are turned on by a switch near the pedal lever. I have a feeling the only alternative will be to disable the brake warning light.

Reply to
nrs