Proportioning Valve, 1965 Mustang

Hello:

My proportioning valve sprung a leak, so decided to take a close look at it. I noticed that there is one line leading in from the master cylinder (MC) into the proportioing valve (PV). There is another line coming out of the PV and to the right front brake, only. Above the PV there is a distribution block which has a line coming in from the MC and then three lines leading out to the other three brakes. This does not seem like a correct setup to me! What is the proper setup because I need to rebuild the PV and want to get it right.

The vehicle is a 65 2+2 with 289 and toploader 4speed. No power steering, no power brakes.

Any info would be most appreciated!

Fred of AZ

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000Newsgroups

Fred of AZ

It doesn't seem right. No. Do you have the original one reservoir MS, or the dual unit as used on 67 and later??

C8oe

Reply to
W3tac8oe

Hi:

It has the original one reservoir master cylinder with two lines leading out of it. If I knew someone around here with a 65/66 Mustang GT with front discs then I'd look under the hood there to get an idea. No such luck, though.

Fred of AZ

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (W3tac8oe) wrote:

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000Newsgroups

Fred of AZ

It would be a good idea to get a good shop manual that shows the correct line routing. A replacement p valve should be available somewhere.

have fun...

Reply to
W3tac8oe

Reply to
David E. Willson

But I don't believe that any of them are like the original 65-66 PV. The replacement is an adjustable one that is better but fits differently. ken

Reply to
keng2