aftermarket water temp gauge

99 TJ 2.5

I am going to install a sending unit for a aftermarket temperature gauge. I do not want to remove the factory sender that goes to the computer.

I am thinking about cutting the heater hose as it comes off of the water pump and splicing a brass t fitting inline and installing the sender in the t fitting .Is there any reason this will not work ? Has anyone ever tried this ? If so how is the best way to ground the sender.

The heater hose on my TJ is 11/16 , none of the auto parts store carry this size hose.

Thanks

Reply to
Kevin

Why?

Jerry

-- Jerry Bransford PP-ASEL N6TAY See the Geezer Jeep at

Jerry Bransford

If I remove the factory sender the computer will not get temp data and the jeep will run rich, because the cpu is waiting for the engine to warm up before changing the mixture settings.

Reply to
Kevin

And you feel that is a good thing for what?

Jerry

-- Jerry Bransford PP-ASEL N6TAY See the Geezer Jeep at

Jerry Bransford

Reply to
Jim85CJ

Reply to