agr power steering box 2

hello there! does any one here have any experience with one of these? i'm looking to replace or rebuild my oe steering box. i have an 85 cj7. i've heard that i can use a gm or camaro box as seen here

'd like to have a variable turning ratio-i think the ratio on the old boxwas too low-it took to many turns of the wheel to turn the car.thanks for any advice!

Reply to
serg

I have the AGR I and, while I have no complaints, I wish I had spent a couple more dollars for the 2-stage. Sometimes the steering is a little too responsive on the highway.

Reply to
KurtS

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

That's a manual box Bill! One of the best upgrades I made to my CJ-7 was going from a manual to power box. No way would I recommend a manual box for the trail. I used a factory refurbished, stock Saginaw.

Reply to
JimG

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Hi Bill,

Here's what prompted me to get rid of the "Armstrong power steering":

't look like a difficult place, but those ruts took hold of thesteering and my Armstrong didn't recover quick enough.(of course no flex, no clearance didn't help either!):-)

JimG

Reply to
JimG

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)
405 HP... impressive! Just to clarify... I'm still in the Jeep suckin' up seat cushion! The big guy on the nerf bar jumped on as the counter weight. Here's my view:

JimG

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)