Ahhhh- finally!

We've had warm weather for three days in a row. Yesteday I convinced hubs to help me swap the hard top for the soft top. Gave the little guy a bath to wash the mud off from our last escapadfe and then before putting the soft top on, took my little grandson for a tour around the back country with the top off.

He has taken to parking his RC Jeep and his Powerwheels Jeep in the garage with Ajax. He says it's "Jeep parking only Grandma, not Grandpa's truck and not momma's car"

So, it looks as if I am a member of the elite these days, at least to one little man anyway.

We hope to get out next weekend and do some caching, I am SO glad that spring is finally making it's way. It's been a long, cold winter and I have a terrible case of spring fever.

What plans have you folks got brewing in the next couple of weeks?

Kate

2O|||||||O6 Rubicon
Reply to
Kate

Waiting for the snow to melt still...we're supposed to get into the high

40's/low 50's this weekend, where yesterday morning is was 6 above zero. I have some outside projects I've been waiting on because of the cold, but they've all kind of built up. First thing is to go through the garage workbench and put away all the tools I didn't put away over the winter because I didn't want to stay in the cold longer than I had to. That's Sunday's project, tomorrow is the youngest's 6th birthday.

Either it's been colder for longer than normal, or I've finally become a true Michigander and constantly dream of warmer climates.

Top swapping here is still at least a month away!

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
FrankW
50's all weekend and next week here in Michigan. Clean out garage, and new parts for the Cherokee.

?IIIIIII?

Mark

Reply to
mark diegel

Pretty warm and sunny here in NC.

Gonna do a motor swap. Brand new 4.2 from my newly acquired CJ project, to my YJ.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Sleep, work, sleep, more sleep, more work. =/

Nothing planned until April. I just got my rig out of the shop, with a brand new centerforce II clutch in it. All my lights and power points are working again. I'm just waiting for the scheduled weekend that some freinds and I are going to go hit The Crushers. It will be my first time driving in them! =)

Have not even been up for geocaching. Too cold, too wet, too winter. I need a day thats warm enough to wear short sleeves without a jacket. Just one! lol. At least we are staying above freezing now. Although warm it is not.

-jenn

Reply to
jbjeep

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Yup 50's this weekend in Mich. Have not worked on the Jeep all winter. Been working on home improvements. But this weekend is Jeep weekend. find out and fix the stalling and not wanting to run proublem it's having . If i get that fixed maybe put in my new seats. Plus have to put in the new windshield frame . Get the neihbors over for a few beers in the garage.

Later Mike

Reply to
Mike chambers

Yep, 60s today going to wash and wax the TJ in the morning and ride the motorcycle in the afternoon the best of both worlds. The winter has been kind of colder than normal in SO MD but we have had only about 6 inches of snow total this year.

I went to visit the relatives in the snow belt of NY and the second day I was there it started snowing. Two days later my sister had 8 feet of snow on the ground and it took 2 days to dig out. Being in the snow belt the roads were passable for 4-wheelers and snowmobiles but, many of the 4x4s needed chains but not the TJ.

We had a blast running the roads hooked up with a couple of locals with Jeeps none with chains. Made a couple of Nurse runs to the hospitals picking up and dropping them off at home. I hadn't seen so much snow in over 40 years. The local highway department where I worked before I went into the USCG in the early 70s had a snow blower that was made in the 30s. Well, they still had it and it saved their bacon in removing the snow from the village. It actually takes up one side of the road and is a beast. Well after two weeks on never taking the TJ out of 4-wheel drive it was time to go back to southern MD. I did have a blast but I am glad I do not have to deal with the snow. Like my grand kids I can give them back when done.

Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

I posted some photos at photobucket taken on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2007 near Oswego NY, just a few miles from the house here. Even chains won't help in this mess! I've shoveled my garage except for the very top few feet and there is still four feet of snow at the top. I miss my soft top, spring can't come soon enough for me. 40 would sound like a heat wave here, it's been below zero almost every night this week. Come on spring!!!! Les

2001 TJ

?action=view&current=Oswego2.jpghttp://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h113/GreytSilly/?action=view&current=Oswego3.jpg

Reply to
LS

This morning it's already 70, I bolstered up my courage and even put on a pair of shorts. The glare off of these bright white legs is blinding

Kate

40's/low 50's this weekend, where yesterday morning is was 6 above zero. I have some outside projects I've been waiting on because of the cold, but they've all kind of built up. First thing is to go through the garage workbench and put away all the tools I didn't put away over the winter because I didn't want to stay in the cold longer than I had to. That's Sunday's project, tomorrow is the youngest's 6th birthday.

Either it's been colder for longer than normal, or I've finally become a true Michigander and constantly dream of warmer climates.

Top swapping here is still at least a month away!

Reply to
Kate

Now there's a phrase I just have to find the opportunity to use !

t'hee t'hee

Dave

Reply to
Dave Milne

Crap, is that what that was? I could see it from here....

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Another rough day at the beach, this time driving 101 with the windshield down. It's a Real Jeep thing. :-)

God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Wow. I forgot how much I hate doing engine swaps on the driveway. Just can't get enough lying in the filth to change a motor.

Anyway, it's over, and I didn't realize how tired my old 4.2 was until I fired up the replacement.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader