Air tools w/ OBA

I am admittedly new to this whole Do-It-Your-Self stuff. I played with my first impact wrench and was amassed. That would shorten my projects terminally.

So hear is my question, I am about to add OBA w/ a tank to air up tiers and lockers and what not. So can I run Air tools? Or at lease get buy on the trail/farm and until I can get a big tank in the garage?

I know that with a small(er) tank, the compressor will have to run more frequently, but are there any problems with this? I planed on doing it right the first time with a new compressor, tank and hoses, I assume the larger the tank the more success I'll have with the air tools, while sacrificing weight and space. Any thoughts or suggestions while I pinch pennies and do the appropriate research?

Reply to
Evan

I have run air tools off my York-based OBA for years and it works well for that. I just use inexpensive Harbor Freight Tools impact wrenches (their mid-price models) and they have worked extremely well for 4-5 years now. An air tank is necessary to make them run well. I even just used the Jeep's OBA in my garage before buying a shop compressor.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

The smaller the compressor, the longer you will have to pause your work to let it catch up with the pressure loss from the tank. If you aren't in a hurry, this shouldn't be a problem. Make sure you know and understand the duty cycle of an electrically driven compressor. An engine driven compressor does not have those limitations.

You could always parallel two smaller tanks to add capacity rather than using one big one.

How about a Power Tank instead? That's what I am going to buy rather than an air compressor.

John Davies

Reply to
John Davies

Reply to