More Air tools

Aldi again

new filter could be handy :-) Derek

Reply to
Derek

cool! i need a new regulator/filter for mine as the second one has just given up and started leaking.

Anybody else using compressor for spraying and air tools should also bear in mind that you probably dont want to use a lubricator if you plan on spraying stuff with the same air line later.

Though it comes with 13M of hose apparently!. I think i shall buy one and keep that hose as air tool hose.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Oh marvellous, *this* Thursday, when I'm on a night shift in London!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I missed the bit about the hoses so thats a bonus I was thinking with the price of the 6 connectors atm thats close on £20's worth on its own. Trouble is there is other kit on there that might come in handy but not right now plus SWMBO has seen the rotatiller could be an expensive trip at this rate. Derek

Reply to
Derek

Hum, "Air displacement: 27 litres/minute". Now I make that 0.95 cfm...

Now if:

Is the same thing (and the pictures are *very* similar) that has 9.5cfm =

displacement, that is a useable amount. Tempted, the outside of the hous= e needs all the old paint and weak render removing so a needle gun on a compressor could be handy. Will have to look at how much air a needle gu= n uses...

Read the description carefully, 700W is less than 1hp. It'll be fine for= the bullet points, ie in already loose and light potting/seed soil but I= doubt it'll be very effective at soil that hasn't already been dug over = or if that is wet and heavy.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Hum, "Air displacement: 27 litres/minute". Now I make that 0.95 cfm...

Now if:

Is the same thing (and the pictures are *very* similar) that has 9.5cfm displacement, that is a useable amount. Tempted, the outside of the house needs all the old paint and weak render removing so a needle gun on a compressor could be handy. Will have to look at how much air a needle gun uses...

Read the description carefully, 700W is less than 1hp. It'll be fine for the bullet points, ie in already loose and light potting/seed soil but I doubt it'll be very effective at soil that hasn't already been dug over or if that is wet and heavy.

Reply to
Lee_D

Hum, "Air displacement: 27 litres/minute". Now I make that 0.95 cfm...

Now if:

Is the same thing (and the pictures are *very* similar) that has 9.5cfm displacement, that is a useable amount. Tempted, the outside of the house needs all the old paint and weak render removing so a needle gun on a compressor could be handy. Will have to look at how much air a needle gun uses...

Read the description carefully, 700W is less than 1hp. It'll be fine for the bullet points, ie in already loose and light potting/seed soil but I doubt it'll be very effective at soil that hasn't already been dug over or if that is wet and heavy.

Reply to
Derek

No "dead mans handle"?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Well, in the last four days I've been to four ALDI stores and all had quite a few compressors and the other bits of kit in, bar one part, the regulator/filterer, no-one's got that in..

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Thats a bugger I called in the Altrincham and they had a stack (one less now) you stuck down in London then Ian? Derek

Reply to
Derek

Not now, I'm back home, the ones I tried were Houndsditch I think in London on Thursday, where I got the compressor, impact wrench, ratchet (not sure why), long hose (so I can use tools in the rain) and something else (can't remember). On Sunday I wandered into Aldi in Yeovil in the hope of finding a regulator, but nothing there, so today as I was in Frome anyway I went to the nearby Aldi Trowbridge, then once I got to there, Aldi Melksham was only a short hop away. In all of them other than Hounsditch on Thursday, no regulators. Everywhere else had at least 5 compressors, and piles of the hand-tools. The staff said new pallets kept coming in but none of the regulators.

Mind you I'm not 100% sure if I really want the regulator, thought it might be handy to help keep everything oiled and also as a means of turning down the torque if need be.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I just wanted one for spraying to let the moisture out, god knows I can make paint bloom on the dryest day of the year without added water the extra hoses will come in handy tho' I have almost enough to to reach my pals across the road. Derek

Reply to
Derek