Another Jeep coming to my driveway!!!

Hi- This is a different story....

Since the wife and I are expecting our second child the mini van(Pontiac Trasport) had to go! Would just be to hard to get both kids in through the single sliding door, and the fact that we have been dumping $$(atleast $2500 since beginning of year) into the van and still had over a year to pay. We started shopping around looking for a Chevy Blazer or similar SUV, actually wanting a Grand Cherokee but figuring they would be out of our reach. After spending three weeks waiting for the dealers to find us a vehicle, they finally found us a '99 Blazer. When we went to look at it, in another one of the dealers lots, lo and behold there sat a beautiful '96 Grand Cherokee Laredo for less than the Blazer. Well needless to say we are picking up the Grand Cherokee tonight!! Here are some details

1996 Grand Cherokee Laredo Red w/ gray/black interior Selectrac 4wd 56,000 miles rust free 6 cyl $9995

It is beautiful. Anything that we should really look into before we sign the final papers? They are fixing the rear doors as part of the panel is peeling, was told this is a usual problem. Replacing radio as the FM did not work.

Reply to
aGraham

They don't suffer problems anymore than other makes.. my '94 GC had a fuel starvation problem that was found to be an intermittent fault with the crankcase sensor.. it was fixed, and the vehicle continues to give sterling service in any conditions.. It's a JEEP.. it has a slight leak from between the engine and auto box (I think), but nothing to worry about at this stage.. It's a JEEP..

-- History is only the past if we choose to do nothing about it..

Reply to
Mike Hall