Anybody run a header on the 2.5l 4cyl?

Does anyone run or have you run in the past, a header on your 4 cylinder? I have a YJ with the infamous cracked exhaust manifold and I am debating between welding the crack to save some cash or just replacing the whole damned thing with one of those nice stainless Banks headers. Either way it has to come off. Any input?

Luke

Reply to
Luke

the 4 cyl manifolds dont crack like the 6 cyl.. the stud at the back of the block breaks. You have to drill it out and put a new one in...

Luke

Reply to
IsellJeeps

The manifold is cracked without a doubt. I can see and of course hear it hissing loudly, and I can smell it stinking up the cab when I drive.

Reply to
Luke

I have had a few welded but sometimes its tuff because the crack is down by the collecter and its hard to get all they way in there to weld... I dont know about the banks but I have had a few borlas put on & they have cracked within a year...what ever thats worth

Reply to
IsellJeeps

IsellJeeps did pass the time by typing:

I've been happy with my Banks, but that's on the I6.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III did pass the time by typing:

Nah, a little massage work is always expected getting things to fit the ZJ. So far the Banks is crack free.

Reply to
DougW