Anyone Have Experience With Banks Torque Tube Exhaust Header On YJ?

Has anyone here had any experience with Gale Banks' TorqueTube exhaust manifolds on their YJs? I had one installed on my '93 YJ with 4.0L 35K miles ago, and this week, while going through the local KFC drive-through at lunch, I noticed that the exhaust noise was louder than normal. The engine had only been running about three minutes. Turns out I've got a crack at the collector. This manifold lasted me less than any Mopar that I've had on my YJ, XJ, or ZJ. Fortunately, the warranty is lifetime, so Banks is shipping me another part this week. I'm still out the shipping and installation charges. I hope that I don't have to do this every 35K to 40K miles. Any comments?

Regards,

Doug Gavilanes Garden Grove, CA.

Reply to
Doug Gavilanes

Doug Gavilanes did pass the time by typing:

Hmm.. I've got one on my ZJ that's been making a bit of noise. Might have to get under there and check for cracks. sure hope not. :/

Reply to
DougW