Power Brakes

Anyone out there familiar with installing a power brake booster on an old CJ. I've got a '73 CJ5 with manual drum brakes and would like to add a booster and go with power. What can I take the booster from and bolt into my Jeep? Any problems with this conversion?

Before anyone suggests disk brakes let me say this...I can't afford them. Maybe later down the road.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Casey Teague

Casey Teague

Hi Casey,

You sure you need power brakes? the brakes on my 74 cj5 work really good, and aren't all that heavy, only time they are a problem is when they get wet, they tend not to work lol, which can only be fixed with disks, don't know about a booster, mixing and matching brake parts can be a big problem, I know, I have been there, what a head ache, I'm leaving well enough alone on this one lol Glenn

74 cj5 xj Cherokee
Reply to
Glenn Wainwright