APC Racing seats for jeep

I am looking to replace the broken and uncomfortable seats in my 89 Wrangler with some APC Racing seats and was wondering if anyone has ever tried to install these in their rides. Are they a direct fit or do they need some "fitting". They are comfy, my buddy has them in his honda. And they look good. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Here is the link in case you need to know what they look like:

mrlee727

Don't think having cloth seats in a jeep is a good idea. Think rain.

econof

We're sorry, but this part is not currently available for your vehicle. Our manufacturers are continually making products for additional vehicle types so check back periodically to see if this becomes available for your vehicle.

While I haven't put these in a Jeep, you may like these:

and the brackets:
I put them in my S10 and they are very comfortable. They kind of wrap around your ass to keep you in place as well. These were easy to install and they will accept the 5 point harnesses if you ever decide to go that route.

Chris

These seats that I saw were Vinyl not cloth and the mounting bracket were "universal". I'm not sure what that meant. The other seats are nice but they do not recline backwards. I saw a set of the APC Seats at the nearby Autozone. I may go and check out the hardware to see if it needs Mods to mount.

Reply to
mrlee727

Universal means have a drill motor ready to drill holes in your tub. I find it hard to believe that they can sell a "quality" relining seat for that kind of money. Personally I would check online for some reviews on their seat and see if anyone has had problems with them. Also, make sure they are comfortable if you have a sample seat to sit in. I've gone through the buying cheap seats to save a few bucks in the past and believe me, its not worth it.

Chris