Later model modular seats in a fox body convertible?

My new '90 GT Vert needs some new seats. The ones it has in it now are the original white leather ones and they have got to go.

Can anyone tell me if I can swap in a later-model modular set of seats in my car? I know I've seen it done before but I can't remember where. I know I'll probably have to modify the rear seats (do I need convertible seats?), but what about the fronts?

Black leather would sure go nice with my black GT. Of course, it would look funky with the white interior but hey, one thing at a time. :)

Either this or could someone recommend a nice, comfortable aftermarket seat? Corbeau or whoever else? I'm not so much interested in racing seats, but it would be nice to not have my rear-end sliding all over the place while the 5.0's rear end is sliding all over the place. ;)

Reply to
Jeff

The front seats are pretty much a straight swap. You will, however need to transfer the seat tracks from your originals to the new ones. I put front seats from a 96 GT in my 90 convertible, and have since transferred them yet again to the new (so to speak) 85 coupe. They're the cloth seats, but way more comfortable than the Fox seats imo.

As for the rears, I know of a couple of pe>My new '90 GT Vert needs some new seats. The ones it has in it now are

Reply to
Matt

Reply to
Kirby

Are you going to sell the white leather ones? (: I could use them for my

88GT Convertible.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Budwill

Well, yeah, but you probably don't want them. They're cracked all over and ripped in places and very uncomfortable. I don't think I could even sell them. I wouldn't feel good about that. :)

Thanks for the advice guys, now I guess I need to search for a newer model mustang seat. :)

Reply to
Jeff

Well then sell them cheap? I want to try my hand at reupholstering seats so this may be a good start.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Budwill

How bout swapping in brand new seats into my '66? Just swap seat tracks?

Reply to
Scott Williams

check this web site

Cecilc33