arson at hummer dealership

while not jeeps, i think it affects us all. right click, save as:

(10 megs)eco-terrorists "ELF" (environmental liberation front)

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Like most groups of terrorists and criminals (these people are not terrorists, they are just a bunch of vandals), their self-imposed name is ridiculous. There is nothing environmental or liberating about the group. They generate more pollution with their spray paint and fires than they would ever hope to reduce by their actions. They create hardship for their neighbors, risk lives, and destroy property. These thugs deserve to be nailed and locked up for the duration. I hope the video gives the police ample material for arson, trespassing, destruction of property, and whatever else they can think of to stick up these people's arses.

*pant* *pant* *grrrrrr!*
Reply to
TJim

Reply to
Andy

I agree that these people are not terrorists - but I do believe that this (& other behaviors exhibited by this group) is a little more serious than vandalism........

Reply to
Carlo Jr.

A premeditated intentional act by a publicity seeking group of organized ELF'rs that causes hundreds of thousands to hundreds of millions of dollars in damage (ELF torched a development here in San Diego) to make a political statement is not terrorism? WTF??? Are you serious??? And it's only a "little more serious than vandalism"??? You and I will never see eye to eye on anything related to this, I can guarantee that.

Jerry

-- Jerry Bransford To email, remove 'me' from my email address KC6TAY, PP-ASEL See the Geezer Jeep at

but I do believe that this (&

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

I think that we do agree - you misread the "tone" of my post.........

Reply to
Carlo Jr.

If I had my way, I'd have all of them shot!

RollOver Pete... Check me out at:

RollOver Pete

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

These bastards are terrorists and should be delt with. The problem could be solved for around 50 cents each.

Reply to
kevin

Last time i checked on the felony offense list, i think ARSON was up there...if you exceed x amount of dollars in damage, you waive bye bye to vandalism and will be sharing a cell with some dude who will make them their ...you know...

Freedom of speech is one thing...these people need to be dealt with in a severe manner when caught, and they will be caught. yes, they are a terrorist group, hell, they even take credit like most terrorist groups do. arrest by association. send a freaking message.

argghhh!!! guarantee these people never worked a hard days work in their lives...

Reply to
MJ w/ 2 TJ's

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Jerry, I agree with you re: the seriousness of the acts by this group of "eco-terrorists", but I disagree regarding the definition of "terrorism". The essence of the term is the word "terror". The original use of the term was to define the people who executed random attacks on the lives of innocent civilians for the purpose of creating an atmosphere of "terror" and fear, and, therefore supposedly influencing a government's policies. This group is not really attacking civilians. They are attacking property. True, it was a planned, premeditated, act of destruction, but, until they try (or appear to try) to injure or kill civilians, they are not "terrorists". I'm not sure what one would call this group (I mean officially. I know what *I'd* call them.), but I don't believe you can group them in the same group as car bombers and the 9/11 hijackers. They are simply a$$holes using the ecology as an excuse to "justify" their a$$hole-ness.

Reply to
TJim

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

"Terrorism or sabotage committed in the name of environmental causes."

OK, they are "ecoterrorists" by that definition.

I looked up Terrorism: "The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons. "

Alright, I stand corrected. My understanding of the origin of the term did not include "property" in the definition.

Jerry, I now agree with you completely. ...at least on *this* point... ;-)

Reply to
TJim

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

The main weapon in the terrorist's arsenal is fear, not violence. They want to scare people away from buying Hummers and other "Earth-unfriendly" vehicles. Likewise, the most effective weapon against them is courage. I think that we both know how to show those sissy ELF boys that we are not afraid to buy a Hummer because of them. See you tomorrow morning, bright and early, at the Hummer dealership. I hope that they have a black one. ;o)

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to