Asia Jeep?

Anyone know how to obtain one? I've done a search on the company and come up with nothing. Thanks.

Reply to
Robert Skipper

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

brad.

company and

Reply to
brad smith

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I like where they say on the page at

that "Three spokes steering wheel increased sense of off road kinaesthesia." Yeah, my Kinaesthesia be all overflowing and junk. ;)

Reply to
Bubba Kahuna (only 1 'J' in my address)

Wow, talk about a sophistimacated word. I'm surprised they didn't say "and our new pleather seats provide pure endorphine pleasure"

Reply to
griffin

Thanks for the replies, but I guess I should have been more specific, especially since I used Jeep's name for a non-Jeep product. What I'm looking for is a Jeep-like vehicle, for military use, with the name "Asia" on the steering wheel the only identifying mark. I'm told they might be produced in Korea. They have rear side mounted rear seats similar to a UAZ 469, and what appeared to be factory supplied snorkels. The ones I saw were being used by the Philippine Special Forces.

Reply to
Robert Skipper

Do you mean "Asia Motors", who make a Korean derivative of a Mahindra derivative of a Jeep CJ5 ?

The seats are not side mounted, but perhaps the mil version has that feature.

Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I can only find pics of Humvees when I googled Philippine Special Forces

Dave Milne

Anything like these?

Look under the army section.

Mike

Robert Skipper wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

I'm working in Korea right now (contractor-Cp Humphreys) and think I know what you're talking about. There is a "newer" and an older looking "jeep" used on post by the ROK army troopers. The older ones were pretty sparse looking but the new ones don't look too bad. Which one are you interested in?

My friend here is also looking lightly to export a ROK army "jeep" to his property in the PI, with no luck thus far. You can do a search on "used cars korea" for possible contacts. Here's one

buttheir inventory page didn't show up when I tried. I saw it a long whileback with only vans/sedans/trucks/suvs but no asia "jeeps". You might trycontacting them for possible help. -G

Reply to
Eugene Casinias

I think Mitsubishi is currently producing a "Jeep" that looks awfully lot like an old CJ3A....

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo