ATTN Mike Romain 97 cherokee stuck in part time

Thanks for your response even selecting gears manually under car with linkage removed does not work I now suspect internal damage within transfer case (it is full to mark of oil) if I could just get it into 2hi or 4hi at least then I could use car to find a replacement (not easy in England)

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
star11

Remove the front driveshaft.

Reply to
Steve Foley

Like Steve mentioned, you can always remove the front driveshaft so you just have rear wheel drive. Even in low, 5th gear is good to about

50-60 kph or 30-35 mph without screaming the engine revs too high.

I have had to remove a driveshaft before and drive and have seen more than a few others have to to. In my case it was the rear one I had to pull because I blew a u-joint. My CJ7 made it about 100 km home on the highway in front wheel drive only.

It is pretty unusual to have the t-case go bad, but it can happen.

Mike

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.co.uk wrote:

removed does not work I now suspect internal damage within transfer case (it is full to mark of oil) if I could just get it into 2hi or 4hi at least then I could use car to find a replacement (not easy in England)

Reply to
Mike Romain

removed does not work I now suspect internal damage within transfer case (it is full to mark of oil) if I could just get it into 2hi or 4hi at least then I could use car to find a replacement (not easy in England)

Reply to
RoyJ