HELP ;97 cherokee stuck in part time 4wd TIA

I can select all 4 positions but although selection can be heard and felt jeep is stuck in part time 4wd which as you know is not much fun on road any suggestions please

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
star11

There is a linkage adjustment available down under. Before doing that I recommend you look very closely at the engine and tranny mounts. If one is broken, it can have the linkage off just enough to stay in 4 high.

When adjusting the command trac 4x4, you put a 1/8" drill bit between the 4 low stop and the shift lever, then adjust it down under into 4 low.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail > I can select all 4 positions but although selection can be heard and felt jeep

is stuck in part time 4wd which as you know is not much fun on road any suggestions please

Reply to
Mike Romain

jeep is stuck in part time 4wd which as you know is not much fun on road any suggestions please

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III