AX-15 problem

My rig every February/March gets nearly impossible to shift into first. usually have to double clutch . She also gets very "notchy" into second and third. I rarely go right into reverse I usually go into second first than over to reverse or I might grind.

A couple days ago I could not get it out of reverse until I turned off the motor.

Past two years I change the tranny fluid and the problem goes away in a couple weeks. Im going to change my tranny fluid again. I always use redline.

My ? is what the hells going on? I only put 3,000 , miles on my rig every year. No leaking at all.

Prior owners receipts show the Clutch, slave cyl changed at 108,000 miles and flywheel resurfaced as well. Im at 124,700 now.

Reply to
ufatbastehd

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Water contamination?

That tranny does not have a high water vent, just a button vent so if you get in too deep or splash right water can get in.

Does the fluid come out milky or like new? If even slightly milky, you have likely found the problem.

Mike

ufatbastehd wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

You are describing a problem with the Clutch Master Cylinder.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Thanks for the replies But if it is a Master Cyl prob why would this happen every Feb/March like clockwork??? This will be year three that this has happened. Always goes away when I change the fluid.

I will check the Master Cyl Level and also change the tranny fluid this weekend and report on the color of the fluid.

Maybe it is water contamination? Had lots of snow here in NYC and I like to park on the biggest snow mounds I can find. I never got to the point where the bottom of the tranny is resting in snow. Nor did I go through any deep water.

Jeff Strickland wrote:

Reply to
ufatbastehd

The problem could be related to weather not the calendar. Water contamination is certainly a possibility.

If the clutch master cylinder is the problem, you can test it by pumping the clutch pedal a few times before selecting a gear. If a single pump of the pedal results in troubles selecting the gear, and multiple pumps result in easy gear selection, then you need a new master cylinder.

I suspect the fluid change for the trans is masking a problem, at best. If pumping the clutch pedal results inthe same gear selection troubles, then your master cylinder is OK, and moving to the transmission itself is the right thing to do.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland