BEST WRANGLER

New to the world of Jeep's and needing advice. Which is the best Wrangler ever produced? Counting all years and model variants. In effect what I am wondering is this....If you could have a brand new Wrangler from any year, direct from the factory which would it be and why? Thanks for any help!

Reply to
SMG

2004 or 2005 because the 7 year 70,000 mile extended warranty isn't offered on the 2006's
Reply to
Frank_v7.0

That's awful limiting. I don't particularly like either Wrangler. I prefer the CJ7.

Mike

Mike Romain

Reply to
Chad Fraker
2005 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. Longer wheelbase w/ Rubicon package (Dana44's/lockers and 4.10's, 4:1 low range Tcase.)
Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Real Jeeps shake your kidneys! Just compare one's '97 Wrangler to an '86 Caprice in ride comfort.

Of course, the Chevy don't off road... I wouldn't get rid of my Jeep. It's paid for!

Reply to
Scott in Baltimore

The one that is paid for and sitting in your garage.

Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

Bill's idea of a Real Jeep is a flatfender with a SBC shoehorned in, which they don't make anymore and never did, and good riddance. The TJ is the best Jeep ever for the way people drive them now, although it could be improved on.

THe old CJs Bill loves cannot be driven on the highway and ride like hell. For all the good they are you would be happier with an off-road ATV.

Personally I'd rather have a CJ-8 with coil springs, a diesel (probably a big four Isuzu) and a transfer case with a lockable center diff. They never built that either.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

Bill's idea of a Real Jeep is a flatfender with a SBC shoehorned in, which they don't make anymore and never did, and good riddance. The TJ is the best Jeep ever for the way people drive them now, although it could be improved on.

THe old CJs Bill loves cannot be driven on the highway and ride like hell. For all the good they are you would be happier with an off-road ATV.

Personally I'd rather have a CJ-8 with coil springs, a diesel (probably a big four Isuzu) and a transfer case with a lockable center diff. They never built that either.

Reply to
Jimbo

If I could buy any Jeep brand new, It would have to be two.

  1. CJ2A with pto
  2. TJ Rubicon (I happen to have an 05) Quite possibly the first and last of a dying breed.

:-)

SMG wrote:

Reply to
FrankW