Bestop Doors???

Hello All,

It's been a a while since I've posted, but all is good except that my zipper window has begun to de-track. It zips up to the first corner and then the zipper doesn't track right causing the teeth not to align. I'm sure there are some of you that have had this happen. I can't see any damaged teeth so I think it's the mechanism itself. I'm tring to find a seamstress here in the Vail area but I hope that it won't be cheaper to get a new door. It's a bestop door.

Please send advice.

Thanks,

Paul

Reply to
Paul Brogren

I know on my soft top rear window...that if I don't get the zipper pushed in to the zipper runner thing....that I end up stretching the zips in the corner and it will be really hard to close. suggest making sure you are pushing the one end all the way in to the zipper thing before starting to zip.

Dunno if that makes sense...lol

Reply to
SteveBrady

Go here:

Look at the last page under "care and maintenance">"zippers" for some repair information. Maybe this well help.

Reply to
Davenport

Thanks Guys,

I tried the plier adjustments that were posted on the Bestop page. They worked a little, but I can see where the zipper "slider" itself is stress cracked and won't pinch the zipper together.

Reply to
Paul Brogren